Friday, October 11, 2019

OWBPC: Trashy Flamingos

So last time I posted on this challenge I had just gotten started and Layla was pregnant with the first baby.  After reading through the rules again about 10 more times I have decided on some mini bonuses I'm going to give a shot.  They are the following (you can check out the rules for each of these challenges on the rules page I posted on the first post):

BoolProp Naming Scheme (10 Points)
Basically, baby names will follow BoolProp, so gen 1 babies will be named starting with B, O, and O again.

One Bad Apple (10 Points)
Basically, one baby will be an ISBI

BoolProp Clubhouse (10 Points)
A venue must be bought by the founders and kept through the entire challenge.

Family Scrapbook (10 Points)
Each family member must have their pictures (either a picture, painting, drawing, etc) hanging in the house.

Bug Me Not (10 Points)
One person of each generation must complete a bug collection

Workaholics Anonymous (15 Points)
Earn all of the career rewards available, a single sim can only get 3 rewards.

With that information in our caps let's check in with the family.  With Layla being pregnant she still isn't interested in finding a job, and as a family sim she might never be but we will see what happens.  So, what does she do while her husband is off at work?  She trims the trees.


I did not take a picture of it but all the flamingos were standing this morning, and it was in Holden's queue to go get the gnome back, but he got home in the morning, so that disappeared.  I couldn't remember if he would go back out the next night or not so I thought it possible I had already lost my base game's challenge.  Instead, Holden took care of his plants.


The next night, however, sure enough, Holden was wake around midnight, and I see him starting to walk off the lot and stop and give this look.



He was off to grab the gnome that was stolen from us.  So yay, I didn't lose out on the base game challenge.  I am going to have to fit in at least 24 flamingos, maybe more, over the course of this challenge, so you will see the flamingos move around some. Soon enough the gnome was back in his rightful spot.


The next morning we get the next "pop" for Layla.  What will she have, a boy or a girl?  Since I'm not focused on a matriarchy I'm not really worried about the sex of the baby but with a 'B' for the start of their name, I would like to think of some before the baby comes.


Layla then remembers (or rather I do) to take "roll call" of the flamingos and goes to stand the one that got kicked over yesterday up with the rest of them.  The gnome, so far, has stayed put and no one has tried to take off with him again.


I then decide the plants are doing really well and everything is looking good for the garden club, so I give them a call and they come to inspect the garden.  It's then I realize, or remember, that flamingos are considered "trash" to the garden.  That means I'll have to make up the extra points somewhere.  We do make it into the garden club but do not get the wishing well, yet.


Layla goes into labor the next morning, and we will welcome the first baby of the first generation into this wacky challenge.  Our new little Zaynie is a boy!  We name him Bobbie, which keeps us on track to complete the name scheme bonus. Bobbie has his daddies blue eyes and brown hair (which could have come from either parent.)


So with another little Zaynie in the house, it's time to add some more flamingos.  I have moved the flamingos over in front of the driveway.  I want to get that wishing well before too much longer or I will not have enough yard to make up for the "trashy" flamingos.


Holden has joined the military career to get started on getting his 3 career rewards.  He came home promoted, and that was great as the family needed money in order to buy the clubhouse they need to complete that bonus.


With the money in the bank, the couple calls down to the real estate office and purchases the Little and Local lot, which has been placed up the street from their house and is now officially named the BoopProp Clubhouse. It is small and contains only a pool table currently.  Hopefully, the family will be able to upgrade it over time to make it a wonderful clubhouse.


With the business open and people starting to come in and play a little bit of pool the couple does what they would do all the time if not directed by me, and cuddles under the clouds.  They are really stupidly cute together.


After a fun time opening the clubhouse and getting a little money from it the couple heads to get their photo taken.  Gotta get that family "scrapbook" started.  Into the photo booth, they go and out comes a fun little picture to hang on their wall at home.


The next day, at noon (roll call has been remembered, but there haven't been any kicked flamingo's after that one day) Layla works on fixing the toilet that had become clogged. Luckily it only took once, because I'm guessing if she starts at noon but doesn't fix it, she would have to wait until noon the next day to try again.


It was then time for the 'winter' party.  Since we had gotten notified it was Bobbie's birthday we decide to hold a birthday party for the occasion.  Only a few guests show up, the family needs to make more friends badly.  After some general socializing Layla brings little Bobbie to the cake, and everyone crowds into the kitchen.


Little Bobbie grows up on the first try (he shouldn't have he had just been changed and fed, but you just never know with sim babies) and he is a cute little toddler now.  Both parents roll up wishes to start teaching him skills.


After the party is finished, it was a Good Time, with the birthday going so well, we notice the gnome was stolen.  It was one of our party guests, but I'm not sure who.  Luckily, a little later that night Holden is once again off to bring back the guard gnome.


With the gnome once again in place at his rightful spot guarding the flamingo horde, we will end this update.  So far so good with the rules, I was much better at remembering all of them, and I'm getting closer to the wishing well.  I'm going to wait for spring so I can add more plants and garden plots to expand the garden and hopefully make up for the "trashy" flamingos that will continue to populate our garden.



4 comments:

  1. It looks like you've got a hold of the rules more this round and it's going smoothly. Haha, bit crazy with all the flamingo stand -upping every day!
    Bobbie is a cutie. I love the idea of one baby being an ISBI.. maybe you should change that to IAAI (I am an idiot). LOL. Will Layla be bringing another baby into this house soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they will be, I have to have 3 pregnancies each time, so we will give it a shot soon. I haven't played much this week, but hope to get back to these guys soon. :D I was doing better on rules for sure!

      Delete
  2. This looks like a fun challenge. When I read the last update I found the rules and read them...still thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is super goofy, but a lot of fun. There can be a lot of things to remember, but it's just sort of interesting to do weird things you would normally probably not do, like have a bunch of flamingos. :)

      Delete