Friday, September 6, 2019

OWBPC: Date Party!

Now that you are fully introduced to Layla and have had time to review the rules of this challenge (which I should have done because I already have forgotten a couple of things) we are ready to get started.  First order of business is to find Layla a husband so we can get the 3 pregnancies out of the way.

The first thing Layla does, and my first mistake, is to stop and smell the flowers, and I forgot to get the flamingos put out.  Don't worry, that is rectified soon, but for the first couple of days here I totally forgot the flamingos.


After smelling the flowers Layla really wanted to get some skills, cleaning, and cooking to be exact.  So we bought a bookcase and had her sit down and start studying while we waited for the welcome wagon to come by.


After Mr. Humble dropped off the computer, the first visitor was actually from the garden club.  Having gotten her skills in Layla went out and greeted her, and they had a lovely chat until the welcome wagon showed up.


The welcome wagon did not contain any of my CAS townies but there were two guys.  One she had no attraction to, but the other was two bolts.  Let's see if they hit it off.


They do pretty good and are almost friends when we see another guy walking by and head out to greet him.  He is also a two-bolt attraction and does nearly as well as the first gentleman. I did not catch a picture of him, but back to our first attraction she makes sure to tell him, she is interested.  He doesn't balk at her flirt, but their conversations tend to end with lots of negative symbols.


We decide to head to a couple community lots and see if we can get anyone else, or if we can find a 3-bolter.  So out she heads to this community lot that I no longer remember the name of. There are some guys here, but no one she really hits it off with.  She is now beginning to get hungry so we decide to send her to one more spot.


At the park, there are a lot more possibilities and a few that she hits it off ok with.  This might come down to who she gets leveled up with the fastest.


After heading back home she is instantly called back out by one of the guys she met at the park.  She's hungry, tired, and in pretty bad shape, but we say what the hey and send her out somewhere she can get food and coffee.


She heads home to bed shortly after this and says good-bye to the group.  The gentleman in the blue hat is at the top of our possibilities list.  They had generally really good conversations, he will add some interesting genetics and I have no indication he's a romance sim.

The next day she greats a couple of passer-bys and one of them starts classic dancing with her without my input.  This was all autonomous.  He even gives her a bit of a peck and starts crushing on her (which I missed a picture of.)  She, however, has no similar feelings for him.  We take this as a sign.


We are supposed to throw parties each season.  So we throw a party and invite her highest relationship met to join her.  One instantly starts a fight so we send him home.  It's down to blue hat guy, and the classic dance guy.  She pretty quickly starts throwing wishes for blue hat guy, who's name is Holden.  Sadly, she has no stereo so there is no smuttle dancing, but this is a dating party.  Soon she wants to go on a date with Holden and so it is.


The other guy is a little upset, seeing as he had a crush on Layla, but Layla only has eyes for Holden.  Before the end of the date, they are making out with each other in the kitchen.


Layla invites him to move in with her, and he is a knowledge sim.   His dream is to become chief of staff, but he is currently a criminal mastermind and has quite a few skills already.  His hobby is also nature, which is great for our seasons goals. Layla the next day wants to get engaged and then married to Holden and so it is.  Welcome, Holden Zaynie.


The couple wastes no time in trying for a baby, but there are no chimes this time.  So instead they go play some chess, and we have added a chessboard to the house.






It's right around this time that I am looking at the rules again and realize I have forgotten the flamingos, and the gnome to guard them.  They are purchased and initially put in the backyard, there is a fence, but it is not locked.  We then decided to adjust the yard some and move them to the front yard a little later. We had also begun to build up our yard for getting the wishing well.


I then realize I had broken one other rule.  Without even thinking about it I had Layla unclog the toilet, it was not noon, which is when we are allowed to fix things....oops. I have not, however, forgotten that I cannot hire any help so Layla heads out to water flowers at night.


Holden has actually gotten a promotion due to a good pick on a chance card which left the family with some money to spend on getting the yard going for real on the idea of getting a wishing well.  The best guide I've ever found is ASimWen's 'How To Win The Wishing Well in The Sims 2'.  It has basically become my bible of getting a wishing well.  The yard is beginning to look very nice in the front.



I actually edited the fence a little after this picture was taken, and the flamingos are now placed along the side between the edge of the lot and the sidewalk...for now.  When the babies start coming we will need more flamingos, but there are 6 currently.  Someone, of course, stole our gnome the next day, however, Holden has the action to go steal it back in his queue.

Finally, we end this update with a happy picture.  After trying again we discover that Layla and Holden were successful and the first of our three required pregnancies is underway.  We are almost ready to be able to invite the garden club over in the hopes that we will get the wishing well right away, but it might wait until after fall.


So a successful if slightly rocky start with the rules.  I did go a couple of days without flamingos, but I have rectified it, and I did accidently "repair" something after noon, so I have to keep both of those rules in mind, as well as the standing up flamingos in the morning.  Still, it's a fun challenge so far and I have plans with how I want to take it in the future.  I hope you enjoy this crazy challenge!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, I just have to remember the rules now. lol Glad to have you reading.

      Delete
  2. Ok. Now I have to play this challenge....you threw the gauntlet down by linking to my page!!!! lolol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.....I just want to get the word out for people who have trouble with wishing wells like I did. Seriously, you wrote like the BEST guide. I haven't had an issue since I started following it! :)

      Delete
  3. Layla’s off to a great start. It is hard with so many rules to remember them all!
    Also lol@ Wen, :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was one of those things where I was like, oh I should see if I'm allowed to do that, and was reading back through and went, crap....I totally messed up....multiple times. :D Still, it's fun and glad to have you reading!

      Delete